It’s that time of year again, there are 26 days from Black Friday to Christmas but studies show that shoppers have already started checking off items from their wish list. Shopping and travel have been a favorite combination for centuries. Are you planning on visiting Lexington KY for an upcoming shopping excursion or including some retail therapy while visiting family or friends?
It isn’t just your imagination that there are shopping centers on virtually every corner here: As the retail hub for a good portion of Kentucky, Lexington actually has a relatively high concentration of retailers for its size.
“The variety is great, too – Lexington stores range from charming boutiques to mega centers; bargain-priced places to the totally upscale and the classic to the trendy. You can find your favorite national retailers and without looking too hard, are sure to discover locally owned shops that are pure Kentucky.” – Lexington Tourism
Here are suggestions for great shopping experiences in the Bluegrass:
- Fayette Mall, 3401 Nicholasville Road: more than 120 stores covering about 1.1 million square feet, including Macy’s, Dillard’s, J.C. Penney, Banana Republic, The Gap, Victoria’s Secret, J. Crew, The Disney Store, Abercrombie & Fitch, Microsoft, Coach, Aveda plus restaurants including P.F. Chang’s, Abuela’s and The Olive Garden.
- Lexington Green, Lexington Green Circle: Whole Foods, Artique, Joseph-Beth Booksellers (region’s largest independent bookstores), Anthopologie, LOFT, Chico’s, White House Black Market, Charming Charlies and more.
- The Shops at Lexington Center and Victorian Square, Downtown Lexington: Lafayette Galleries, Parisienne, Miss Priss, Graves Cox, Savane Silver, Howard & Miller, and more.
- Lansdowne Shopping Center, Tates Creek Road: Includes embry’s, Chico’s, Ann’s Hallmark shop, Mouse Trap, Peppermint Palm, The Fresh Market, Old Kentucky Chocolate, Cotton Patch, and Diamond Gallery.
- Hamburg Pavilion, Sir Barton Way: Target, Regal Cinemas, Barnes & Noble, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Kohl’s, Best Buy, Gap/Gap Kids, Ann Taylor Loft, White House | Black Market, Chico’s, Jos. A. Bank, Victoria’s Secret,Children’s Place, American Eagle, Versona, Altar’d State, Wildcat Warehouse, and Fan Outfitters
- Great Boutiques all over Lexington:
- Hopscotch, on Clay Avenue, offers classic children’s apparel for newborns through preteens, plus a charming assortment of wooden toys and stuffed animals.
- AJ’s Casuals on 867 East High Street, a little boutique with designer names.
- Bella Rose, 126 West Maxwell Street, offers women’s fashion.
- Calypso Boutique, 513 E. Maxwell is women’s clothing and accessories boutique.
- As well as second-hand shops: Sassy Fox, Stephen Lawrence, Apres Vous, Plato’s Closet, Clothes Mentor, and more.
- And Many Gift Stores and Souvenir Shops: The Keeneland Shop, The Kentucky Horse Park Gift Store, Museum Shop at Ashland, Shaker Village, and more.
Outlet Shopping Experience just down the road …
The Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass, opened in 2014, offers a vast variety of retail outlets: Aeropostale, American Eagle, Ann Taylor Factory Store, Brooks Brothers, Christopher & Banks, Coach, Eddie Bauer, Jos. A. Bank, Kate Space, Levis, Lucky Brand Jeans, Michael Kors, Motherhood Maternity, Guess, Gucci, Fossil, Crabtree & Evelyn, Carters and Children’s Place, and many, many more. They are located on 1155 Buck Creek Road, Louisville, KY. More info: VISIT WEBSITE
Well, there it is, enough shopping to keep you busy for days. In Lexington, you’re sure to find stores worth writing home about. If you’re looking for accommodations for your next shopping excursions, please call University Inn Hotel at 859-278-6625.