Traveling of any kind can be stressful from the planning stage until the moment your plane lands, especially if you are traveling for business. You want to focus on the upcoming meeting, event or interview, and less on the travel arrangements and details. Choosing the right hotel can make or break your trip, considering that is where you’ll be spending a large portion of your night for very needed rest and relaxation after your busy days.
Here are ten tips to help choosing the right hotel:
1. Location, Location, Location. This applies to much more than real estate investments, as this should be your primary consideration when choosing where to stay. Rather than focus on price, research where your hotel is situated. While you may still need to possibly drive or use a form of public transportation, you can reduce the stress if your hotel is centrally located.
2. Level of Customer Service. Make sure the hotel has a reputation for excellent customer service, wake-up call service, laundry and reliable cleaning services. A friendly, helpful staff who are pleasant to deal with and attentive to your needs can go a long way to making you feel more at home and relaxed.
3. Business Facilities: Internet access, fax, printer/scanner and copy machine should be at hand and in good working order for your business trip needs. Do they have a meeting space in case your business networking takes place after hours or you’d like to hold a staff meeting offsite? And are the accommodations professional and quiet so work can actually get done?
4. Access to Transportation: Check to see if the hotel near a taxi route, train station or bus stop in case any of the above are needed to get to your destination on time and and without hassle.
5. Read the Reviews: Research reviews on the hotel website, Google places for business, Yelp, and Trip Advisor. Save yourself time, money and aggravation by following local recommendations and doing research. [http://universityinnky.com/university-inn-reviews.php]
6. Breakfast & Coffee to start your day out right: Make sure at least continental breakfast (muffins, donuts, yogurt, cereal, fruit and coffee) are available and ready to go early in the morning. You’re more pressed for time as you get ready to start your day in a new city, meeting with new colleagues or clients, so make sure the hotel provides this amenity.
7. Quality bed and furniture: Look over the pictures or virtual tour of the interior of the hotel rooms to make sure the furnishings and especially the bed look new, updated and recently refurbished. A good night’s sleep on a quality mattress is a priority.
8. Cleanliness: No one wants to stay in an unkempt, dirty room so make sure the hotel has reviews for being clean, well kept and retains high standards of cleanliness.
9. Fitness Center: There is nothing more beneficial for mind and body is to work out after a long stressful day. There are many benefits for your body, digestive system and ability to cope with stress from regular exercise, for more info: http://inntheheartoflexington.com/fitness-tips-exercise-benefits-for-travelers.
10. Price: You can check out the major booking engines (Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Kayak.com and Orbitz) to compare the prices of hotels in the area. TIP: Go straight to the hotel’s website to book directly, most hotels guarantee the lowest rate if you book on their site or will match the lower price elsewhere.
University Inn Hotel in Lexington KY
If you’re traveling the Lexington KY area for any business with the University of Kentucky, University Inn Hotel the closest hotel to the university as well as many of the other local destinations, including the area hospitals (Albert B. Chandler Hospital, UK Hospital, Lexington VA Medical Center, Warren Wright Medical Plaza, Kentucky Clinic, Markey Cancer Center, Central Baptist Hospital or St. Joseph’s Hospital). We are truly INN THE HEART OF LEXINGTON!
University Inn Hotel is also proud to provide the best service, clean and well-equipped rooms with many amenities including all of the above numbered items that will make the planning of your next business trip easy and stress-free. Call us today to book for your next trip: (859) 278-6625